MILPITAS, CA — Sales of printed circuit board and multichip module CAD software increased 14.5% year-over-year in the third quarter to $298.3 million, the ESD Alliance announced today.
The four-quarter moving average, which compares the most recent four quarters to the prior four, increased 10.9%.
Overall electronic System Design (ESD) industry revenue increased 17.1% year-over-year to $3.46 billion. The four-quarter moving average rose 16.1%.
“The industry reported double-digit year-over-year revenue growth for Q3 2021,” said Walden C. Rhines, Executive Sponsor of the SEMI Electronic Design Market Data report. “Geographically, all regions reported double-digit growth, with product categories CAE, Printed Circuit Board and Multi-Chip Module, SIP, and Services also showing double-digit growth.”
Companies tracked in the report employed 51,182 people globally, up 8.7% over the previous year's headcount of 47,087 and up 2.4% sequentially.
• CAE revenue increased 13.7% to $1.06 billion. The four-quarter moving average increased 11.8%.
• IC physical design and verification revenue increased 0.7% to $612.6 million. The four-quarter moving average rose 16%.
• SIP revenue rose 30.6% to $1.37 billion. The four-quarter moving average grew 22.1%.
• Services revenue increased 12.5% to $119.1 million. The four-quarter moving average increased 9.2%.
• The Americas, the largest reporting region by revenue, purchased $1.50 billion of electronic system design products and services in Q3 2021, a 14.3% increase. The four-quarter moving average rose 15.8%.
• Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) revenue increased 22.6% to $451.7 million. The four-quarter moving average grew 11.9%.
• Japan revenue increased 11.8% to $259.8 million. The four-quarter moving average rose 3.3%.
• Asia Pacific (APAC) revenue increased 19.7% to $1.25 billion. The four-quarter moving average increased 21.3%.
Register now for "Best DFM Practices for Board Engineers," a new three-hour webinar from Susy Webb, CID. Coming Feb. 22. www.pcb2day.com